Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Craftsy: Sewing Designer Jeans with Angela Wolf - Part 1

I have just completed my first Craftsy course! I think you can never know enough, and I am always on a mission to learn more, and while I have made jeans before, I have never really explored distressing my clothes (there is an element of horror at spending so much time making a garment, that to destroy it feels more than a little wrong!). Enter the Craftsy course Sew Designer Jeans with Angela Wolf. I saw an article by Lauren Dahl on the pair she made, and because I think Lauren is amazing, and her jeans looked great, I decided to give it a go.

But what pattern to use? I don’t like to buy patterns, aside from the fact that they never fit my figure, pattern making is my passion. I have, as my children say, got booty, and booty doesn’t fit standard sizing, so it was obvious that I should make my own. I have recently began a love affair with Press’n Seal, an American product to wrap food, that you can only buy in Australia online, at places like Punch with Judy



Here was a great opportunity to test the pattern making capabilities with such a close fitting garment. So I got out the only pair of jeans that fit me: Jeans West’s Curve Embracer (they only come in one colour in boot cut, and if you want any leg length not 'long', you have to buy them online – boo!) and took a pattern.








But I didn’t do it on my own! I have a class with some great sewers who embrace all sewing challenges, and we decided to do it together. Here we are working away with our rolls of Press’n Seal. I can’t wait to see all our results, as we all have very different figures.









Taking the pattern was easy, we finished it in the class session, which was three hours, and went home to trace it onto Vilene. Now to test the pattern!



No comments:

Post a Comment