Monday, January 26, 2015

Foundations Revealed 5 Senses Competition - dress diary part 6

So I couldn’t hold back! I have the all clear to drive, and using a sewing machine isn’t so different – is it?! The key is to pace myself, which is hard, being a tad obsessive.

Day 1: I bonded woven interfacing to the fabric. The cotton sateen is nice and strong, but I wanted to be super safe. I did it as a whole piece because the patterns were printed really close together, and cut it out after. I am so happy with my new/old ironing press, it made the whole process much smoother.




I then cut out a layer of coutil, which is quite fine, but as this is a single layer corset, is not a problem.




In a show of great self-control, I walked away from the pieces even though they were calling to be sewn up!

No comments:

Post a Comment