Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Foundations Revealed 5 Senses Competition - dress diary part 12

I have finished the flossing, I kept it quite simple, and it is more as decoration rather than function. I like how it looks like the women are standing in grasses. I considered doing it up the top as well, but I want to play around with sleeves, which worked in toile stage but maybe need work now the fabric has less give.



In order to test the sleeves, it needs to be on a body, so I have tipped my laces and laced it up. In the end, I used the sleeve from the second print as well, so I didn’t have to put eyelets in the corset in case it didn’t work.


the tipped laces


choosing ribbon colours


the sleeves with eyelets for the ribbon


The toile with the sleeve (I used a zip for the bust to make it quick to fit). It will be interesting to see if  the reinforced fabric will fit differently to the two layers of calico which has more give...



Now to attach the sleeves and see if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment